The world of interior design can be somewhat daunting, especially if you’re going DIY. Where do you start and how do you start? Just because Sasi Wallpaper is in the business of wallpaper, it doesn’t mean that we don’t know about other elements of interior design and décor, and it is for that reason that we have put together a few hints and tips that may come in handy if you are looking to redecorate your home or office.
- The first thing you should consider is the colour scheme; are you wanting to make your space fun and quirky or to keep it more formal? Do you want to go with darker colours or lighter and brighter colours? These are all questions that will impact your colour choice and that you should ask yourself before heading down to the hardware store…
- If you have any investment pieces that you love, perhaps a work of art or a family heirloom, make sure to put it on display and give it pride of place in your space. This will create an element of interest.
- Floor to ceiling cupboards in the kitchen can sometimes make the space feel darker and smaller, to alleviate this you can look to the ceiling. By painting your ceiling a lighter shade you can create a feeling of lightness.
- Don’t overlook your window trim. Think about the trim as the frame around a picture; by adding colour to the window trim you can draw the outdoors inside and frame a great view.
- Pile on the pillows for a more luxurious feel. One pair of pillows always looks skimpy so use two pairs, in contrasting patterns, colours, and textures.
- Give your furniture some breathing room. Resist overcrowding a room with furniture because it is important to have room to manoeuvre. This is fantastic news if you are working on a tight budget because you don’t need to fill up a space with lots of furniture, rather spend more money on quality pieces that will create an impression.
- Add wallpaper to create a feature wall. We know that we’ve said it before, but nothing can create more of an impact in a room than wallpaper. From floral prints, to stone and wood prints and even murals that can cover a whole wall, there is so much choice when it comes to wallpaper and interior design. Just be bold and be brave when it comes to your wallpaper choice.
For more hints and tips on interior design and wallpaper, feel free to visit our showroom or to buy wallpaper online go here.